Welcome to Mrs. Fowler's Homepage!
You can reach me at:
Name: Mrs. Ann Fowler
My name is Ann Fowler and I am the general music teacher at Coggin Elementary. I hold a BS in Music Education from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, a BS in Biochemistry from Texas A&M University, and a Masters of Educational Leadership from Cardinal Stritch University-Milwaukee. I have been a music educator for 15 years, teaching vocal and general music to all grades from Pre-K through high school. I have been in Brownwood ISD for one year and love teaching at Coggin. Fourth grade students are a real joy to teach since they are eager to learn and begin to demonstrate individual growth that requires a more challenging curriculum, yet they are still playful and aim to please. Outside of teaching, I enjoy gardening and cooking and my husband and I are both into physical fitness and refereeing/instructing youth and high school soccer. I look forward to another wonderful year at Coggin and being a part of Brownwood ISD.
About 4th Grade Music
Lots of wonderful things are taught in 4th grade music. If you are interested in learning about the TEKS for Music-Grade 4, please use either of the following links:
(For a general overview)
(For a more specified outline, follow the directions below) http://www.teksresourcesystem.net/module/standards/Tools/keywordsearch/
1. In the "Refine your search" box in the "Select a grade level" box, scroll down the menu until you find "Grade 4."
2. In the "Refine your search" box in the "Select a subject area" box, scroll down the menu until you find "Fine Arts."
3. Click "Search" under the "Refine your search" box. This will open a clickable outline for 4th Grade Fine Arts TEKS. The Fine Arts include Art, Music and Theater, in that order.
4. Scroll down to the "FA.M:Music" folder. The music TEKS are in outline form with the two major headings being "Introduction" and "Knowledge and Skills."
5. Under "Knowledge and Skills," there are four subheadings; "Foundations: Music Literacy," "Creative Expression," "Historical and Cultural Relevance," and "Critical Evaluation and Response."
Mrs. Fowler's Class Schedule 2016-17